8/27/12

First Day of School 2012-2013

Well, I thought I’d be emotional.  I thought there would be tears. After all, both of my babies are now in school.  Next step…graduation… then college… then marriage… then grandkids!! I digress.  I’m happy to note that there was not one tear shed by anyone in the Lofton family.  I was a little nervous for my shy, reserved Ian but he was perfectly fine.  All that worrying for naught. Of course I have to post pictures for the world to see:

044

Here we are at Meet The Teacher Night…Ian is getting acquainted with his new ‘desk’

046

I laid the boys outfits and backpacks out the night before…we didn’t want any surprises

048

Evan looks like he has gas…just jokin’…isn’t he cute!

051

Ian really didn’t want to participate in the photo session but at least I got a smile.

055

And off we go!

063

In front of Ian’s classroom

064

Ian went straight to his new ‘desk’ like he’s done it a million times before. 

All in all, it was a great first day of school.  Ian got a certificate for singing a solo in music class (he loves to perform despite his shy personality).  And he even mastered the lunch line with ease.  There aren’t any pictures of Evan at school because he left Ian and I and wanted to go to his room alone.  By the time I made it to his classroom he was already deep in his math problems so I left him to it. Okay, actually his teacher stopped me at the door with my camera in hand and politely told me that Evan had already started his day (in other words…go home mommy and let your boy be a big kid) I was kind of bummed that I didn’t get a picture but education is more important than a photo shoot…right!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails