12/21/11

Semi Homemade Gifts

I have been channeling my inner Martha Stewart this past week. I've decided that I am a big fan of homemade gifts. Don't get me wrong any gift is a good gift but it really says something when someone goes out of their way to make you something with their own hands.

Well, I'm not quite to a point where I can make homemade gifts but I was able to assemble pseudo homemade teacher gifts and get well soon gifts for the boys' teachers and for a friend who is convalescing after a major surgery with complications. I will admit that it would have been much easier to pick out a bunch of gift cards, but I was determined to make these gifts special. I have not one artistic bone in my body but it felt good to think outside the box for a gift that would be useful and also put a smile on the recipients faces. So I present to you my out of the box gifts.... Smores Gift Packs!
These little gift packs come complete with graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate bars (duh!) all wrapped in a pretty little bow! 

We even made homemade cards and envelopes for all the recipients.  My favorite part was having the boys tell me what they love about each of their teachers.  I even wrote a special message for my friend to try and put a smile on her face.

It feels good to do something special for the people you are grateful for in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails