11/23/09

Monday Manna

It annoys me when I hold a door open for someone and they just pass through it without uttering one word of thanks or even a smile for that matter.  I feel the same way when I brake in bumper to bumper traffic to let a car into my lane but they don't give me the courtesy wave.  Thank you was one of the first words I taught my boys to say (right after mommy and daddy and please of course).  It makes me feel appreciated when someone acknowledges the nice things that I do for them even though I don't do things just for the praise.

So I want to take this time to personally thank God for all of His many blessings.  Many times I go all day without thanking Him.  Instead I save it for bedtime when I'm saying my prayers.  Or even worse I wait until I've begged him for something and once He comes through (and He always does)....Then I thank Him over and over again to show my appreciation. 

This Thanksgiving Holiday is the perfect time to show others how much we are thankful for having them as a part of our lives, but let's not forget 'From whom all blessings flow' A.K.A. God the Father, God the Son & God the Holy Spirit!

1 Chronicles 16:34
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails