10/5/09

Monday Manna

The fact that I call myself a Christian identifies me as kind of a role model.  If I call myself a Christian...shouldn't I act like one?  My dress, my conversation, my actions, and even my thoughts should all line up with the word of God.  After all, being a Christian means to be 'Christ-like'.  We will of course never be perfect like Christ, but we should strive to please God in all that we do not only because we love God but because others are watching what we do.

I find that some Christians believe that since they are a Christian who is saved by grace then this gives them a license to sin since their sins would be forgiven and thrown into the sea of forgetfullness never to be brought up again by God.  They claim to love God but continue to disobey and this disobedience will disconnect them from God.  Or they obey some Godly commands and not others. Jude 1:18 says "In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires."

Proof that you have had a true religious conversion and that you have completely sold out to Christ is seen when you obey His commandments. 

Man...I hate when my Monday Manna hits close to home.

1 Peter 1:14-16

NIV: 14 As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. 15 But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."
Amplified: 14[Live] as children of obedience [to God]; do not conform yourselves to the evil desires [that governed you] in your former ignorance [when you did not know the requirements of the Gospel].15But as the One Who called you is holy, you yourselves also be holy in all your conduct and manner of living.16For it is written, You shall be holy, for I am holy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails