8/31/09

Monday Manna

My husband preached a sermon once and at the end of the message, he said this...."Live every moment as if Jesus was coming back the next moment"


Can you imagine what kind of lifestyle changes we would have to make if we did that. I probably wouldn't yell at my kids so much. I would be more patient with my husband (or with people in general). I would finally get around to forgiving those who have hurt me in the past. I would show love to the guy who cut me off on the highway and had the nerve to throw me the finger for driving too slow. I would prioritize my life so that the majority of my time would be spent doing things that matter. I wouldn't waste time worrying and doubting. I would worship God the way He calls for us to worship Him. I would fast and pray.


As Christians, we believe that Jesus will return, but do we really act like it? And if we don't then shouldn't we make an effort to change that?

John 14:1-4 NIV
1"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. 2In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4You know the way to the place where I am going."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails