8/22/11

Back to the Grind

So we are back in the swing of things here now that school has started up again.  I took a bit of a blogging/menu planning/focused parenting break this summer.  But now it's over and it's back to the grind!  All of a sudden I have lots to share or maybe it's just that I have more time to myself to share it.
 Our morning "goodbye" prayer before we all part ways
(I may have broken concentration to take this picture...sorry Lord)


The morning even went well.  We set an alarm clock for the boys for the first time and I'm not sure if it's a good idea.  Maybe we should have done an in-service on the darn thing.  After it went off this morning, Evan came crashing into our room announcing ..."Daddy, the blue clock in our room keeps beeping and I can't sleep!"  Terrance politely told him that was the whole point in having an alarm clock and teaches him how to hit the snooze button!  Seriously....the snooze button!  Shouldn't he have just told them to get up and get ready for school! Anyway, we'll give the alarm a week before we decide whether or not it's a waste of time.  After we all finally woke up...did I mention that I don't do mornings...the boys had breakfast and got ready for school with no grumbling or fussing and fighting.  Amazing!  We were out the door with no drama on the first day back at school.  Yippee!! Yes...I'm bragging!!  Evan is taking being a 1st grader in stride.  It's amazing how much he's 'matured' since last year.  He walked right up to his class and went through his normal morning routine putting his back pack away, turning in his summer homework...yes, I said summer homework!  Greeting all of his classmates and teacher just like it was second nature.  It was kind of depressing watching him do it all without needing my help at all! 

Evan showing Mrs. Angela that he completed his summer homework packet

As far as menu planning goes...I'm excited because I have three new recipes to try this week.  I'm sorry I don't have a link for my recipes, but I got them from magazines and store handouts so I don't have a website to link them to and I'm too lazy to type them out right now...maybe later!

Monday: chicken quesadillas using homemade (okay...Central Market homemade) tortillas
Tuesday: baked tilapia  smothered with Creole Tomato dressing (another Central Market recipe) along with shrimp puffs
Wednesday: Taco Night
Thursday: Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Friday thru Sunday: Haven't I cooked enough!! The boys are on their own since I have to work all three days this weekend.  I'm sure there will be lots of pizza and hot dogs and McDonald's involved!

*as usual I'm linking up with I'm an Organizing Junkie for Menu Planning Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails