3/2/11

I wish...


I wish I could just relax and go with the flow.  When things don't go as planned for me then I am a mess.  I am a control freak and loss of control makes me super nervous.

I wish I could let go of my preconceived notions of motherhood.  I am constantly comparing myself to other moms via on TV or down the block and I am always coming up lacking and that's not a good feeling.

I wish I enjoyed cooking.  As of now, I cook because it's a necessity. I'm not really good at it and I will probably never win any awards for any dish I create or recreate.  It's just the way it is. 

I wish I had a filter.  Sometimes....okay, most of the time... I am guilty of saying what I feel without thinking the thought through.  It makes for some very uncomfortable conversations!

I wish I paid attention to detail.  I have lived across the highway from a news station tower for four years now and I can't remember what station...Is it Channel 8 or Channel 11?  I finally know now that it's Channel 11 because I wanted clarification before writing this post!  It's terrible.  Don't expect me to notice your new hair style or your new earrings because it ain't happening!

I wish I wasn't indecisive.  It is hard for me to make a decision and stick to it.  I go around and around on a subject and spend a lot of time spinning my wheels.  I can usually be persuaded by the most minute details either way.  It's frustrating.

I wish I knew my true calling in life.  You know...what is my purpose.  I know I have one, I just can't put it into words or even into a thought at the moment.  I'm content with my life right now.  I'm in a good place, but what if I could or should be doing more, giving more, achieving more.  

And in the words of most beauty pageant contestants....

I also wish for world peace!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails