12/14/09

Monday Manna

Man it's been a couple of weeks since I've done a Monday Manna. My only excuse has been that I run out of time on Monday and I feel bad doing it on any other day of the week. I know it's crazy but it's true!

Well as some of you already know, I stress out about pretty much any and everything. This leads to an enormous amount of stress in my life. I know that stressing over something is not productive. In fact I know it can be detrimental to my physical as well as spiritual well-being, but I do it anyway. 

Sometimes it helps to talk to others about the crazy obsessive thoughts that I have but I've found that it tends to make people think I'm a real nut job once they get a glimpse inside my mind.  So I tend to keep my thoughts private.  Talking to my hubby is always an option.  He is a good listener and he always has something encouraging to say.  Even when I came to him last week and told him I wasn't sure he was my soul mate.  Long story, but it all stemmed from a book I was reading about a couple who swore they were soul mates and I started thinking about what a soul mate really was and I couldn't come up with a definition, which I assumed meant that I haven't found my real soul mate.  I know...crazy right?  Terrance calmly talked me off the ledge without embarrasing me and life continued as normal. 

We all know God is not pleased with our unnecessary worry.  He is God.  He has worked everything out for those who love and serve Him.  So worrying is just us telling God that we don't trust Him.  How would we feel if someone we loved said that they didn't trust us? So even when things don't make sense in your own mind.  Know that God is always in control.

Proverbs 3:5-6
NIV: 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.




~Shanita~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails