5/11/09

Monday Manna

We were driving down the highway the other day and I saw a billboard about a local group that was soliciting support for those who don't believe in God. Of course that got me to thinking. How depressing would life be to not believe in a higher power. How egocentric it must be to think that life and all it contains was based on science alone. No miracles, no faith, just a belief in what you can rationalize in your own little finite mind. Never to feel God's presence, His love, His power, His protection, His healing. To believe that once you die, it's over. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust and nothing beyond. To be accountable only to yourself and the morals and values that you believe in and if those aren't working for you.....no biggie, you can just tweek them so that they can work for you. No consequences for your actions other than those imposed by mankind. No consquence for sin......worse yet, not even believing in sin.That is a life that I never want to experience.

To never have known God would be unthinkable, but to be seperated from God after knowing Him would be even worse.

So here's my Monday Manna:

John 15:5-7
NIV:5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.
Amplified:5 I am the Vine; you are the branches. Whoever lives in Me and I in him bears much (abundant) fruit. However, apart from Me [cut off from vital union with Me] you can do nothing. 6 If a person does not dwell in Me, he is thrown out like a [broken-off] branch, and withers; such branches are gathered up and thrown into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you live in Me [abide vitally united to Me] and My words remain in you and continue to live in your hearts, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails