5/4/09

Monday Manna

This is a post on thankfulness and let me tell you why.

After the thunderstorms in North Texas over the weekend, we were left without power for 24hrs from Saturday night to Sunday night. This of course got on my everlasting nerve. Mainly because of the inconvenience obviously. I had just purchased groceries and my refrigerator and deep freezer were nice and stocked (for once). After the power outages last summer following Hurricane Ike, we were out of power for 4 days and had to throw away all of our food after I had just stocked my deep freezer and fridge so I vowed to never buy in bulk again and right when I decided that I was just being paranoid.....look what happened. I digress.

Anyway, I never knew how much we depended on modern technology. We did everything in our power to entertain the boys. We pulled out all the tricks of the trade. Evan has the Tag Learning System and that was our entertainment for a while. We also pulled out puzzles, robots, and other toys that we haven't seen in months to keep the boys entertained. Man, did I miss my television. It was way too quite in our house, and having my kids depend on us for entertainment was a lot of pressure! Terrance finally took the boys to see a movie, Hotel for Dogs, Sunday night and by the time he returned home, our power had been restored. I would also like to give kuddos to Apple for making the iphone. We dowloaded a flashlight, played games, listened to music, surfed the internet and made phone calls on that bad boy. Sweet!

Needless to say, I was kind of in a grumpy mood but Terrance, who is obviously the rational one in this marriage, reminded me that things could've been worse, and that God knows that we need food, so stop stressin' out about the fridge and deep freezer full of food that we may have to throw away. He went on to remind me that atleast the roof didn't cave in like it did on the Dallas Cowboys and we are all safe and healthy.

So here's my Monday Manna on thankfulness.
I Thessalonians 5:18
NIV: Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus
Amplified: Thank [God] in everything [no matter what the circumstances may be, be thankful and give thanks], for this is the will of God for you [who are] in Christ Jesus [the Revealer and Mediator of that will].

**a big thanks to Mechell Nelson, RN and Danielle Jeffares, RN for contributing to my Monday Manna scripture selection. Not only do we help save lives, but we also know a little bit about the Lord! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails