3/11/09

Thankfulness

I feel like I spend a lot of time grumbling and complaining to my husband, my friends, my coworkers and my fellow blog followers about any and everything that goes on in my life. I even wrote my husband a long email one day when I was particular grumpy detailing all the reasons why I’m frustrated beyond belief. (If you read that email you would think I was a psychopath in need of an intervention) So now I’d like to take a little time to talk about all the wonderful things I am thankful for:

My son Ian being very strong willed because strong willed children are often natural born leaders and usually end up being very successful once they learn to channel their strong willed personalities.

My son Evan questioning everything I tell him because that desire to learn more will carry him far in life. I’m sure President Obama did not get where he is today by accepting any and everything anyone told him, instead I’m sure he researched things and learned to draw his own conclusions. President Lofton…..sounds good, huh?

My job because I learn so much from the families of the babies I take care of.

My husband being “too busy” is really a blessing in disguise. His job provides us with a means to live and his preaching helps all those who hear him develop a closer walk with God. What more could you ask for. At least he’s not “busy” doing negative things like hanging out in clubs, spending excessive amounts of time with the fellas, or drinking himself into an oblivion.

My kids who run around all day screaming and jumping off of furniture. This is a blessing because I work with parents whose kids are or may be severely disabled mentally and/or physically who would give anything to see their kids walk…let alone jump and run and play.

Having to cook (even though I hate cooking) because there are many people out there who would jump at the opportunity to put their fully stocked pantry and refrigerator to good use and cook in their cozy kitchen with all new stainless steel appliances, but lack the resources to do so.

Having my kids scream MOMMY all day long and pull on my pants leg to get my attention because couples are faced with the reality everyday that they cannot bear children of their own and would give anything to hear their own offspring scream MOMMY all day long!

Mornings because even though I don’t like to wake up early…..My God has blessed me to see another day and for that I am truly thankful!

My old house that is in a state of constant remodeling because I am blessed to have a roof over my head…..and a husband talented enough to fix all the annoying things that keep breaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails