3/9/09

Monday Manna

I would like to thank the following people who supported Evan in his quest to become the Greater Love Chapel COGIC Sunshine Band King:

My brother: Kelvin Cole; My parents: Ella Ford & John Cole; My other parents: Rev. Willard & Lois Lofton; and my favoritest cousin: Tangela Cole.
Unfortunately, Evan was not crowned king. He came in third place with $225. Second placed raised $227 and the king won with $500+. ***(The Sunshine Band queen raised $1000!.....way out of our league!)*** Needless to say, Evan was not very happy about the results. I kind of felt sorry for the kid. He was bummed out and didn't try to hide it! I mean really..... you win some, you loose some. Right?! Here are some pictures of our little ray of Sunshine:


Right after the announcement.....not a happy camper!

After our talk about "losing gracefully"

Capturing his accomplishments on film!

On to my Monday Manna

Matthew 18:6

NIV: But if anyone causes any of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the debts of the sea.

Amplified: But whosoever causes one of these little ones who believe in and acknowledge and cleave to Me to stumble and sin [that is, who entices him or hinders him in right conduct or thought], it would be better (more expedient and profitable or advantageous) for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be sunk in the depth of the sea.

Whoa! So let me see, when I roll my eyes at Evan for saying something off the cuff ......and later notice that he's developed an ugly habit of rolling his eyes at his parents for saying something he didn't like.....is that me causing him to stumble? Or when I let him watch an episode of Spongebob Squarepants and they are being particularly violent, and I later notice him trying to body slam his little brother....is that me causing him to stumble? Get my point? We have an obligation to protect our children (better yet all children) from anything that will be a stumbling block in their walk with Christ. No pressure huh!?


1 comment:

  1. Tell Evan that HE is my king. Let him know that
    we love him and miss him and that he always does a great job.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails