5/10/10

Monday Manna

A good friend of mine recently lost her husband about 4 months ago.  She is now a widow in her early thirties left here on earth to raise her three adorable kids. That same friend was just diagnosed with breast cancer and last week underwent a double mastectomy.  She is recovering well. 

While visiting with her I asked her why she kept her diagnosis under wraps for so long.  She only let everyone in on her upcoming surgery the day before the surgery.  To me I felt like I got robbed of some praying time and uplifting time and so forth. It bothered me to think that she was going through this alone after all she's been through.

To that question she said:  I was leaning on God.

Plain and simple.  Nothing more, nothing less.  She didn't need everyone worrying about her and asking questions and casting out their negativity or feeling sorry for her or wondering what she did to deserve all that she's gone through in the past 10 months.  This was between her and God.  No matter what man said, she decided to stand strong in God's word and know that He will lead her to victory in every aspect of her life.  WOW!

Can you imagine what kind of faith it took to accept all that she's been through and just tell God... I'm leaning on you!  This is not something that I can figure out or fix.  I'm not going to lay this on anyone else but you.  You brought me to it and I know that you will bring me through it.

I went to visit her to keep her company and try to uplift and inspire her but instead she inspired and witnessed to me with her unwavering faith and peace in the midst of her storm.  I got in my car and asked myself... What can I do to pump up my faith to even a portion of  what hers is? I mean, I get all worked up and worry myself to death over minor things like being late on our mortgage or when my dad calls and says my mom is sick again or when I even think about the possibility of losing  a loved one. 

The bible speaks clearly about how God works overtime when we are at our weakest or when we are at the end of our rope and can't find the strength to go on or endure whatever it is we must endure. It's a little something called Grace.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails