10/19/09

Monday Manna

I don't handle emotions very well which is ironic because I think I'm a very emotional person.  Odd right?  I can't handle when people around me are angry or sad or nervous.  I think it's because I empathize with them to the point that I begin to feel whatever emotion they are feeling and I don't like it. 

Well I've been emotional this past weekend.  Evan has turned 5 yrs old and I'm not handling it very well.  I look at him and he looks taller and older and he's even more intelligent than he was a couple months ago and I really miss him being a baby.  I actually browsed through all of his baby pictures last night and started tearing up. My loving husband had the nerve to ask me..."Are you really crying because he's 5!" I told him "Yes!"  "I don't want either of them to get older or go away to college or get married.  I just want them both to stay with me forever! " He then told me..."Well you married the wrong man because they aren't staying with me forever. I'm looking forward to a quiet house"  The nerve of that man!

Well I know I was not being rational when I said all of this but I was in an odd place at the time.  So today I had to turn my thinking around and I decided to turn my frown upside down and start thanking God for each and every day that he has blessed me with my boys instead of being sad about them getting older.  I can't imagine life without them.  I've enjoyed raising them and loving them and watching them learn and grow.  (It makes all the times when they are being disobedient little monsters a little more tolerable).

1 Thessalonians 5:18
ESV: Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
Amplified: Thank [God] in everything [no matter what the circumstances may be, be thankful and give thanks], for this is the will of God for you [who are] in Christ Jesus [the Revealer and Mediator of that will].

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails