6/8/09

Monday Manna

Ok. I admit that I sometimes think that being a Christian is a bit boring. Not as much now as I did before but I still think it. Maybe it's my perception of Christianity. I focus on all the things I can't do. No clubbin' (although I was done with that scene when I was 22). No gettin' sloppy drunk (although having a hangover every weekend loss some of it's appeal when I got older. Some of the music I listen to would probably not be in heavy rotation on Jesus' MP3 player and He would probably frown on me blasting my speakers to a little Beyonce' with my kids in the backseat singing along to the chorus of "Put a Ring on It". I even feel guilty laughing at some of the crazy jokes my coworkers tell. Not to mention the guilt I feel when I tell the jokes!

The bottom line is that I am called to please God. In thought and in deed. All of my actions should make God smile and not frown. It's that simple. So here's my Monday Manna.

Romans 12:2
NIV: Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Amplified:Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you].

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails