6/1/09

Monday Manna


I will admit that I get jealous at times. I don't watch MTV Cribs because I find myself desiring all of the rock stars houses or I start wondering....."Man, wouldn't it be nice to have a full time maid, nanny, cook, gardener, etc. to help take care of my multi million dollar home. You know, just to make life a little easier."
Sometimes I also wish I had nice legs like Beyonce, striking looks like Angelina Jolie and georgeous hair like Taraji P. Henson. To top that off, I'd like Oprah's money and power along with patience and faith like Job (hey...I covet spiritual things as well as worldy things).
But we all know that God is not pleased when we covet. He says so in His word in Exodus 20:17
"You shall not covet your neighbour’s house; you shall not covet your neighbour’s wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbour. "
So here's my Monday Manna:
Hebrews 13:5
NIV: Don't be controlled by love for money. Be happy with what you have. God has said, "I will never leave you. I will never desert you."
Amplified:Let your character or moral disposition be free from love of money [including greed, avarice, lust, and craving for earthly possessions] and be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have]; for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!]
Don't you just love how The Bible puts you in your place!
Consider yourself lucky because I hit you with two scriptures today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails