4/20/09

Monday Manna

You know, there are some people in life who can unfortunately say that they don't have friends. How sad is that? How can you go through life friendless. I feel blessed to have a few folks in my life that I'm glad to call my friend.

It takes all kinds. I can categorize pretty much all of my friends. Not sure if that is rude or not but I'm trying to prove a point here. I have a friend who I can count on to tell me like it is no matter what. When I'm being irrational or selfish or unfair, she will call it like she sees it. I usually get upset until I take a breather and realize that she's telling the truth and end up 'biting the bullet' and admitting that she's right. Then there's my friend who I can call when I want to have fun. She's the mood lifter. My real life prozac. I also have the friend who makes you want to be a better person. She is always trying to improve herself and those around her. She keeps me from being a slacker. Then there's my friend who I feel like I can just tell anything without holding back, and trust that she won't judge me or make me feel guilty about what I do, say, think or feel. I also have a friend who I'm not quite sure why she's my friend but I love her to death. She can be a bit selfish,and kind of a know it all, but I would trust her with my deepest darkest secrets. Of course there are my homegirls who have known me from way back when who I have to keep as my friends because they know too much about my past :-) and plus it's fun seeing how we have evolved from quirky and immature girls into some pretty strong successful women. Add to the mix all of my nursing friends, mommy friends, and church friends, and I'm pretty much covered in the friend department and I love it.

So here's my Monday Manna:

Ecclesiastes 4:10

NIV: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls
and has no one to help him up!
Amplified: For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails